When we started Whispering Willow, we knew we wanted our company to have a charitable focus. With that in mind, we committed to donating 10% of profits to charity each year.
For the first time this year, we started to question that commitment. Not asking whether we would continue to donate to charity, but asking if we could be doing more. We researched options, spent many hours discussing it, and in the end decided to make a change.
As of July 2023, Whispering Willow is a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
We will be donating 1% of annual sales to non profit partners addressing today's most pressing challenges including climate change, food and water scarcity, pollution, and wildlife preservation. This allows us to support the causes that mean the most to us and for our giving to change and to evolve over time.
We've always been environmentally conscious. In our younger years, our dream was to live in an Earth Ship. 😊 That dream has passed (although we still think they are fascinating and absolutely gorgeous!), but we do our best to live our lives with the environment in mind. We've carried those same principles into our business.
At Whispering Willow, we:
- choose glass containers whenever possible
- choose natural & certified organic ingredients
- use essential oils for scent & clay for color
- are palm oil free
- use primarily paper-based packing materials
- offer bulk options to reduce waste - some closed loop
- and now (!), are members of 1% for the Planet where we donate 1% of sales to environmentally focused charities
We hope you'll join us in this new (and exciting!) step forward in our journey.
Julia & Wayne